The following safety precautions should be adhered to when using Le Rêve aromatherapy products.
- Pure Essential Oils should not be used to treat serious medical or psychological problems without first consulting a certified practitioner.
- Pure Essential Oils are for external use only – they should not be taken internally.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Always use more diluted blends when applying oils topically on children under 12.
- Rosemary or blends containing Rosemary should not be used by sufferers of high blood pressure or epilepsy.
- Lavender or blends containing Lavender may cause drowsiness for sufferers of low blood pressure
- Citrus oils may cause skin sensitivity if applied to the skin before and during direct exposure to the sun.
- With the exception of Lavender and Tea Tree, use of undiluted oils directly on the skin is not recommended. If undiluted oil comes in contact with eyes or skin, wash the affected area immediately with water.
- If any adverse reaction occurs, cease use immediately and seek medical advice if symptoms persist.
Aromatherapy & Pregnancy
During pregnancy (particularly the first trimester) do not use the following Pure Essential Oils or blends containing these oils in topical applications: Basil, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cinnamon Leaf, Clary Sage, Ginger, Jasmine, Marjoram, Peppermint, Rosemary or Wintergreen oils.
Pregnancy is a joyful phase in life when both ‘mum to be’ and ‘unborn baby’ need special care and pampering.
The body undergoes many physical changes which often cause symptoms such as headaches, nausea, sleeplessness and nervous tension. While there are many oils that offer welcome relief from such symptoms, we advise you to always check with a certified medical practitioner before beginning any treatments.